How to Choose the Best Caffeine Pills
There are certain factors you should consider before buying this supplement, so we’ve prepared a detailed guide to make your decision-making much easier.
What Are Caffeine Pills?
Caffeine pills are performance enhancement supplements with high concentrations of caffeine in its purest form. They can be made with synthesized caffeine or of concentrated extract from coffee beans or green tea. Regardless of the source, over the counter caffeine pills can contain 50–200mg of caffeine, which is equivalent to 1–2.5 8-ounce cups of coffee.
Benefits of Caffeine Pills
Caffeine pills have numerous benefits. Not only can they help you wake up in the morning, but if taken in recommended doses, these pills can also:
- Increase your focus and productivity
- Enhance your memory
- Help you burn fat more efficiently
- Boost your energy levels before a workout
- Enhance post-workout muscle recovery
- Improve your mood and decrease depression
- Reduce headaches and pain-perception.
Natural Caffeine Pills vs. Coffee
There are pros and cons to caffeine pills and coffee. Of course, both are effective, but they also differ in a few aspects. We’ll highlight the main differences.
- Cost: As shown, caffeine pills can cost as little as 5 cents a piece, which makes them highly affordable. Compare that to the average price of a cup of coffee, $2–$5, and their cost-benefit becomes pretty clear.
- Consistency: Caffeine pills usually have 50–200mg of caffeine. This means that by taking a caffeine pill, your dosage will remain the same, whereas the caffeine dosage in coffee will significantly vary on the brewing method and the quantity ingested.
- Convenience: Carrying pills in your purse or gym bag is easy. Plus, their effects kick in very quickly. Brewing or buying a cup of coffee, on the other hand, takes longer. There’s also the inconvenience of having to carry it in a thermos, wait for it to cool down, and then wait for the caffeine to kick in.
- Calories: Caffeine is an excellent stimulant and will help you lose weight. As a matter of fact, many weight loss pills contain caffeine. The best caffeine supplements have no calories. With consuming coffee, however, the usual calorie intake comes in the form of milk, creamers, sugar, added flavors, etc.
Another beverage we suggest you look into if you’re a coffee aficionado is CBD coffee. Check our review of the best CBD coffee to find out more.
With that out of the way, let’s proceed to discover the very nature of caffeine pills.
Whether you drink tea or coffee, or take low dose caffeine pills, caffeine can cause some side effects if you don’t follow specific instructions or have an overly sensitive body.
Caffeine can most commonly contribute to a variety of sleep issues, but it can also cause:
- Increased heart rate
- Upset stomach
- Acid reflux
To avoid these and similar side effects, follow the recommended-dosage instructions.
What to Consider when Looking for the Best Caffeine Supplement
There are tons of caffeine pills on the market, but not all are equal. To find the most suitable supplement for your needs, consider the following factors:
- Caffeine levels – 200mg per pill falls within the industry standard. It’ll give you an energy boost for physically demanding activities or help keep you more focused. However, if you’re new to caffeine energy pills or simply need a smaller boost because you don’t want to stay awake the whole night, consider lower-dosage pills, like 50 or 100mg. Bear in mind the safe caffeine amount for healthy adults is up to 400mg a day.
- Other ingredients – caffeine is great on its own, but when combined with other ingredients, it can bring you even better effects. When purchasing pills, look for those with ingredients like L-theanine, B-complex vitamins, and L-tyrosine.
Additionally, check the full ingredients list to make sure no ingredient will irritate your dietary sensitivities.
- Your caffeine tolerance – don’t take the strongest caffeine pill if you’re too sensitive to the substance. Better start with a lower dosage and increase it gradually if necessary.
The Bottom Line
Nothing beats caffeine when it comes to enhancing your energy levels and memory, and helping you burn that stubborn fat. As the market is jam-packed with companies claiming that their product is the one for you, it can be tricky finding what you need. Hopefully, our top 10 best caffeine pills list will help you find a product that will fully meet your needs regardless of why you need the extra energy boost.