How to Get a Bigger Butt (The Ultimate Guide)
Many women wonder whether it’s possible to increase their butt size naturally. Fortunately, there are some recommendations on how to get a bigger butt that can help you achieve the booty size and shape you want. The advantages of a bigger, firmer, and rounder backside go beyond a gorgeous appearance. We’ll start by highlighting these advantages and looking at common mistakes when trying to increase butt size via exercise.
About the Butt Muscles
The muscles responsible for your curvaceous behind also play other roles in the body. They make it possible for you to walk, sit, run, and jump. There are three of these muscles:
- gluteus maximus
- gluteus medius
- gluteus minimus
Advantages of Strong Glutes
Apart from giving your butt a stunning size and shape, exercises focused on your glutes offer the following advantages:
- good posture
- countering butt amnesia
- countering tight hip flexors
Mistakes During Butt Exercises
Before describing the recommended exercises for a larger butt, let’s look at the seven most common mistakes that people tend to make.
Neglecting proper form happens when you get distracted or bored. One way to get your form right is to practice in a gym under the guidance of a coach.
Concentrating on One or Two Exercises
Using a mix of exercises for developing your butt ensures that all muscles are worked on thoroughly.
Not Using Enough Resistance
If you want to know how to grow your butt via exercise, resistance is a key player here. Your glute muscles are large and quite strong, so don’t settle for less challenge than they can handle. If the exercise begins to feel easy, you should increase the resistance.
Abs are indeed built in the kitchen, and so are big behinds. Training hard isn’t going to have much effect if you eat carelessly. For best results, stick to diets ideal for building a great shape. A great step towards this would be to look into high-quality sugar substitutes and artificial sweeteners.
Setting Unrealistic Goals
Some butt shapes and sizes may simply be unattainable. You should set realistic goals that translate into remarkable milestones in the long term.
Doing Too Much Cardio
Strength training is important for building muscle tone. Excessive cardio exercises can slow down your muscle gain if you don’t incorporate strength training.
Not Getting Enough Rest
Your body needs to recuperate after days of exercise. It is during the resting period that your muscles recover and grow.
Exercises for a Bigger Butt
Now, we’ll discuss the main exercises that are typically recommended to those who want to know how to get a bigger butt fast. While doing any of these exercises, be careful not to make the mistakes we already outlined.
To do this exercise, lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. With your arms stretched beside you and palms pressed on the floor, lift your hips off the ground until they’re between your knees and shoulders. Squeeze in your glutes and draw in your stomach to avoid overextending the back. Maintain this strained position for around five seconds before easing back down.
You should do two sessions of 10 rounds every day or more. You can also combine this routine with a bodyweight workout or other exercises. If done correctly, you should feel the burn in your glutes and hamstring. A major benefit of this exercise is that it strengthens your lower back, which is also why it’s often recommended to those trying to figure out how to get bigger buttocks naturally.
Unlike other exercises, jumping squats require a great deal of concentration to produce the desired result in terms of shape. There are two notorious mistakes that many people make with jumping squats, which we’ll clarify in a bit.
While at the lowest point of the squat, ensure your hands remain behind you. Now, jump and bend your knees on the landing, allowing for a safer landing that doesn’t jar your joints as you prepare for the next jump. If you are a newbie, don’t make the mistake of keeping your torso in a stiff upright position. This is common among those aiming for a deeper squat depth. To avoid this mistake, descend to a position where your butt is slightly above your knees.
Secondly, don’t rush your movements. Jumping squats may not be for you if you’re just interested in how to make your bum bigger overnight because it takes time and consistency to get results.
Walking Lunge With Weights
This exercise has two or three main effects on your butt. Namely, it improves your balance, builds the glute muscles, and tones your backside. However, it can worsen any problems you might have with your hips, ankles, and knees. Consult a physician before committing to this exercise if you have problems of this kind. The following steps outline how to perform the exercise:
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand by your side.
- Stand with your feet about hip-width apart.
- Take a two-foot-long step forward with your left foot.
- Bend your left knee until your thigh is parallel to the floor—this is called the forward lunge position.
- Hold this position for a few seconds.
- Step forward with your right leg and repeat the lunge pose.
- Do two sessions of 20 forward lunge positions, 10 with each leg.
This is another high-end exercise that directly affects your hamstrings and glutes. Here’s how to get bigger buttocks fast at home using single-leg drift:
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand in front of your thighs.
- Bend your right knee slightly such that your weight tilts to the right—this is where you start to engage your core muscles.
- Hinge at your hip and allow your weight to tilt you forward.
- Keep your right leg firmly in one place and extend your left leg backward such that the torso lowers towards the ground.
- Move slowly until your raised leg is parallel to the floor.
- While maintaining your balance, lower your leg slowly to the initial starting point.
- Repeat the motions about 15 times over three sessions, shifting from one leg to the other.
This exercise will strengthen your gluteus minimus and medius muscles, which usually don’t get the full workout during squats and other similar exercises. Interestingly, the clamshell is an efficient recommendation on how to get a bigger butt in men and women. Here’s how to go about it:
- Lie on your side with your head pillowed on your left arm.
- Press your legs together and place your right hand on your hips.
- Bend your knees and curl your legs forward until your thighs are at a 90-degree angle with your torso.
- Make sure your feet are in line with your butt—at this point, you’re ready to engage your core.
- Lift your right knee but keep your feet pressed together.
- Brace your left leg firmly against the ground; don’t move your hips as you do so.
- Keep your raised knee up for a couple of seconds, and then lower it.
- Do this 15 times in a set for each side, and aim for at least three sets.
Banded Side Step
This exercise goes further than just targeting your glutes, as it actually also works on your hip muscles. It’s usually combined with other exercises like squats or lunges. You’ll need a resistance band for this exercise. For newbies, it’s recommended that you put the resistance band just below your knees and gradually shift it towards your ankles as the exercise becomes easier.
Here’s how to perform the banded side step—one of the best ways to get a bigger booty through exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-length apart with the resistance band below your knees.
- You should start feeling the resistance on your legs and glutes.
- Now, bend your knees and lower your backside inches towards the floor.
- Step sideways against the tension with your right foot and return it to the center.
- Do 10 moves in each set, then alternate the leg. At least three sets are recommended.
The donkey kick exercise is famous for strengthening the three glute muscles and firming your backside. Here’s how to get a bigger butt with the help of the donkey kick exercise:
- Go down on your hands and knees; your palms should be directly under your shoulders.
- With your right knee still bent, move your right leg up toward the ceiling making sure your pelvis and hips remain parallel to the ground.
- Strain your leg at the top, keeping your hip and pelvis steady.
- Relax back to your initial position and do three sets with 15 repetitions for each leg.
The superman exercise allows you to work on your lower back, hamstrings, and glutes. Concentrate fully on what you’re doing to ensure you get the most from each move. The following steps outline how to go about this exercise:
- Start by lying face-down with arms and legs stretched out and toes pointing horizontally.
- Raise your abdomen, keep your hip neutral, breathe in, and lift your hands and legs as far as possible.
- Hold this position for 2–3 seconds while squeezing your glutes, then relax back into the starting position.
- Doing this 10–15 times in three sessions will help you build a bigger butt in no time.
Training With Weights
You can use weights in your exercises to increase the intensity and produce faster results. You can couple most of the exercises discussed with weights like:
- resistance bands
- barbells with plates
- medicine balls
A workout coach can advise you on the proper form and the number of repetitions you should be aiming for.
Is Shapewear for Bigger Butts a Thing?
Many are turning to shapewear because this kind of clothing produces quick and obvious results. Shapewear can give the appearance of a bigger, rounder, and firmer backside. These wears are designed to make your butt look bigger by enhancing what you already have. This is a welcome solution for people interested in how to get a bigger butt without exercise.
We’ve listed several recommendations on how to achieve a bigger butt. Although we focused on exercise, nutrition is also essential. For instance, increasing your protein intake and even staying away from potent weight loss pills while performing these exercises is critical to achieving the desired result. Many other exercises will increase your butt size over time, so incorporate some of those you’re comfortable with into your workout routine.
Can you naturally grow a bigger butt?
You can naturally grow your butt by engaging in certain exercises combined with strength training. Shapewear is another effective way to increase butt size.
Can you grow your butt without weights?
Yes, you can grow your butt without weights, but the progress is slower when you rely on bodyweight workouts alone. Weights provide greater resistance for your muscles, which speeds up the increase in their size and strength.
How long does it take to grow glutes?
Depending on the type of exercises you do, this can take a few months to over a year. Growing your butt naturally requires patience and diligence, but the results are sure to come with enough perseverance.
What foods make your butt bigger?
Protein-rich foods and nutritious protein bars are best for growing a bigger butt, but you must combine them with some exercises to be effective. The most common recommendations on how to get a bigger butt through proper nutrition include:
- flax seeds
- brown rice
- protein shakes
- pumpkin seeds
- greek yogurt
- nut butter
- cottage cheese