All You Need to Know About CBD Oil
From the different CBD types to its health benefits and side effects, here you can find everything you need to know to choose and buy the best CBD oil.
What Is CBD?
CBD or cannabidiol is a compound that naturally occurs in cannabis plants, both hemp and marijuana. It has a number of health benefits, which we’ll discuss a bit later on. Therefore, it’s extracted from hemp flowers or leaves and used in the form of CBD oil. The best way to use CBD oil is to hold it underneath your tongue for at least a minute and then swallow it.
Even though CBD can be extracted from marijuana plants as well, this type of CBD oil is regulated by stricter laws and regulations in the US. Therefore, our top 10 list includes only hemp-based CBD oils.
CBD Oil vs. Hemp-Seed Oil
If you’re looking for the best hemp oil, you probably already know that CBD oil is often referred to as hemp oil. However, this can lead to confusion between CBD oil and hemp-seed oil. While both types of oils are extracted from the hemp plant, hemp seed oil is made only from hemp seed. It has a number of health benefits thanks to its mineral content and fatty acids. However, it doesn’t contain any CBD.
On the other hand, real CBD oil is extracted from the leaves, stems, flowers, and buds of either hemp or marijuana plants. So if you want to reap the benefits of CBD, you should know that hemp-seed oil won’t provide you with any of these.
Types of CBD
There are three main types of CBD oil:
- Full-spectrum CBD oil, besides CBD, contains other cannabinoids and terpenes from the hemp plant. As a result, the best full-spectrum CBD oil may bring numerous health benefits. However, it also comes with a small amount of THC, which drug tests can detect.
- Broad-spectrum CBD oil is a great option for those who worry about the presence of THC. While the THC is eliminated, it still contains all the other beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes.
- CBD isolate doesn’t contain anything but pure CBD. It’s stripped of all other hemp compounds, such as terpenes and other cannabinoids.
What’s more, you can find CBD in a variety of products now. You can unwind in a bathtub with nicely scented CBD bath bombs or treat yourself to some CBD-infused coffee to recharge your batteries for an important task ahead.
Benefits of CBD
More and more people are looking for the best rated CBD oil to find relief for a variety of symptoms. While more research is still needed to confirm all the potential benefits of this natural product, there are many studies that suggest that CBD can be used for treating a number of ailments. So far, it’s commonly used for alleviating the following conditions:
- Chronic pain
- Sore and stiff joints
- Skin problems
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Considering that research on CBD’s effects is still in its early days, we are yet to see the full potential of this popular natural remedy. We’re sure that researchers will discover even more benefits of CBD for our health and wellness.
CBD Oil Side Effects
While using CBD is considered perfectly safe in most cases, there are a few side effects that may occur:
- Low blood pressure: CBD oil may lower blood pressure, typically for only a few minutes after consuming it. Therefore, people who take medication to regulate their blood pressure should be extra careful and consult with their physician prior to using CBD.
- Dry mouth: This is a common effect of hemp- and marijuana-based products because cannabinoids can inhibit saliva production. Therefore, even the highest rated CBD oil may cause this effect. However, although you’ll be a bit thirsty, dry mouth is just slight discomfort.
- Increase in appetite: Most cannabinoids can produce this effect, which can even be beneficial for some people.
- Diarrhea: Generally, high doses of CBD can cause diarrhea.
- Fatigue and drowsiness: If CBD makes you sleepy, you shouldn’t drive or operate heavy machinery after consuming CBD oil. According to most CBD reviews, people with sleep problems find this effect quite beneficial.
To Sum Up
While you might need to try a few products before you get the one with the desired effects, hopefully, our top 10 list and in-depth buyer’s guide will help you find the best CBD oil for your needs. Even though some CBD oils are recommended for specific uses, such as relieving anxiety, they might also alleviate other symptoms. That’s because our bodies may react differently to CBD. No matter what, always consult with your doctor before using any CBD products.